Declaring a data page as large
Improve data synchronization in your offline-enabled mobile app by declaring a data page as large. Large data pages synchronize only new or altered records instead of synchronizing the entire data page, which results in a smoother user experience at run time.
- Create and configure a data page that contains large amounts of data.
Note: As a minimum requirement to ensure that your offline-enabled app works as expected, declare all data pages larger than 5 MB as large data pages. For best performance, declare all data pages larger than 1 MB as large data pages.
For more information, see Sourcing large data pages from a report definition and Sourcing large data pages from a connector, activity, or data transform.
- Determine which elements are part of your offline-enabled mobile app package by
creating offline configuration templates.
For more information, see Creating offline configuration templates.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Offline Configuration tab, in the Configuration Template section, click the template that you want to use with your offline-enabled app.
- On the Allow list tab, add the data page to the list of
- Select the data page component category by clicking Data pages.
- In the Data pages section, in the
Select data pages list, select the name of
the data page.
For example: For an expense reporting mobile app, select the D_Expenses data page that contains details of expense reports.
- Click Add.
- In the Large data page column, in the row that is specific to the data page, select the corresponding check box.
- In the upper-right corner of the offline configuration template form, click Save.