Limiting offline packaging to data from the user's worklist
Decrease the duration of data synchronization and limit the amount of data that the offline-enabled mobile app downloads, by implementing optimistic packaging for offline-enabled case types during data synchronization. With optimistic packaging, the app only packages and downloads the current flow that is active on the user's worklist.For example, in an offline-enabled app for expense reporting, users might only need to access a flow in which they attach a receipt scan to a group expense report. Therefore, you can implement optimistic packaging for an expense submission case type to improve the app performance in offline mode.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Case type section, next to the case type for which you want to adjust the packaging, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the case type configuration dialog box, expand the Advanced section.
- Select the Available offline only when in user's worklist check box.
- In the dialog box, click OK.
- On the mobile channel rule form, click Save.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click When.
- In the list of when rule instances, search for the
pyPackageAssignmentFlows when rule, and then set it to
true=true.This rule is available in the @baseclass class and is set to false by default. For more information, see When condition rules.
- On the when rule form, click Save.
Previous topic Disabling processing of attachments and signatures in offline mode Next topic Disabling server-side postprocessing in offline cases