Create a unique App ID in the Apple Developer Portal for the iOS certificate set that is required to generate an installation package for your iOS app.
- Go to https://developer.apple.com, and then sign in to your Apple Developer Portal account.
- On your account dashboard, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- On the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles page, in the category list on the left side of the screen, click Identifiers.
- In the Identifiers section, add a new identifier by clicking the plus icon.
- In the Register a New Identifier section, click App IDs, and then click Continue.
- In the Register an App ID section, in the Description field, enter a name that identifies your app in the Apple Developer Portal.
- Create a bundle ID for your App ID:
Choices Actions Use the App ID for one specific app
- Next to the Bundle ID field, click Explicit.
- In the Bundle ID field, enter a unique string in the reverse-domain style.
Use the App ID for multiple apps
- Next to the Bundle ID field, click Wildcard.
- In the Bundle ID field, enter a
string that ends with an asterisk.You can use a wildcard App ID with any app whose bundle ID exactly matches all characters that precede the asterisk. The asterisk acts as a wildcard sign for at least one character in the remaining part of the bundle ID. For example, a
com.example.*wildcard App ID matches both
- Optional: To add support for specific capabilities, in the Capabilities list, select the check box next to the capability that you want to support in your app.
- Click Continue.
- Optional: To ensure that your App ID remains valid in terms of future Apple guidelines
and requirements, in the Deployment Details section,
provide deployment details for your app:
- Click Yes, I have details on this app and plans for distribution.
- In the Estimated Distribution Volume list, select the volume range of target users for your app.
- In the Distribution Method category, select a check box next to at least one distribution method for your app.
- In the App Security Mechanisms category, select a check box next to at least one security method for your app.
- In the App Audience category, select a check box next to at least one target audience for your app.
- In the gray field at the bottom of the page, confirm the accuracy of the deployment details by selecting the check box.
- Click Continue.
- In the Confirm your App ID section, review the details of your App ID, and then click Register.