Before you configure offline-enabled mobile apps to store reference data in large data pages, learn more about the related guidelines and limitations.
To ensure that large data pages work as expected, keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Define separate data pages for each kind of data, for example, a separate data page for expense reports and a separate data page for employee data.
- Define separate target data pages for multiple user interface elements (on
the same user interface view) that interact with the same data source but
use different query parameters.
For example, if a view includes two drop-down lists, one that displays approved expense reports and one that displays rejected expense reports, then both lists source data from the same source data page, but require separate target data pages with corresponding filters,
For more information, see Data population for large data pages in offline-enabled mobile apps and Referencing data.
- If you source a data page by using the same parameters for multiple user interface elements, ensure that the elements reuse the target data page.
- If you use SQL queries, keep in mind that Pega Mobile Client caches
the function that generates SQL queries and not the generated SQL queries
WHEREclause of an SQL query might differ depending on the number of provided parameters. If you do not provide a necessary parameter, then the system ignores the part of the filtering logic that uses this parameter.
- If your existing data page uses the pzInsKey key, and you want to create a new report definition, manually define the pzInsKey field in the report definition.
- If you are creating a new data page, define the corresponding keys in the data type class.
Pega Mobile Client does not support the following features for large data pages:
- The Select values button for defining filter logic
Note: Instead of using aliases, you can access columns by the names that you define in the Column source field when you create report definitions.
- Default parameter values
- The Use Null if Empty strategy
- Required parameters