Best practices for updating offline-enabled mobile apps
Updating to the latest Pega Platform versions provides unique advantages in mobile app development. By following the best practices for updating offline-enabled apps, you ensure that your apps work correctly and benefit from low-code prescriptive authoring and modern native features.
- Follow all recommended UI and mobile app guidelines.
For more information, see Best practices for updating mobile apps, Designing applications for mobile use, and Designing applications for offline mode.
- Force full synchronization of your app after you update to a new version of
For more information, see Propagating application model changes to offline-enabled mobile apps.
- Update legacy mobile channels that reuse web portals to Pega Mobile Client-based channels.
For more information, see Updating mobile channels that reuse web portals.
- Move your legacy access group and case type configuration to the mobile channel, which offers prescriptive and low-code authoring.
- Move your offline-specific configuration of explicitly supported or excluded
components and resources to offline configuration templates.
For more information, see Creating offline configuration templates.
- Use Pega Cosmos design system as a production design system. If
not available, then use the latest available version of the Theme UI-Kit instead.
For more information, see Styling your application with design systems.
- Switch from using window.launchbox.* APIs to corresponding window.pms.* APIs.
Previous topic Best practices for updating mobile apps Next topic Troubleshooting mobile apps