Enabling case processing in offline-enabled mobile apps
Improve the usability of your mobile app with offline functionality. With an offline-enabled mobile app, users can advance existing cases, create new cases, and open pages, without connecting to the server.
For example, on a business trip to a destination with limited connectivity, users can create expense reports, or open and edit current reports by adding comments and attachments.
- Create a Pega Platform application and configure a mobile channel for the application. For more information, see Designing applications for offline mode and Setting up mobile apps.
- Ensure that you have a case type that you can use in the offline-enabled app, and that the case type only uses features that are supported in offline mode. For more information about offline-supported features, see Understanding offline features. For more information about creating a case type, see Case types.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Offline category.
- In the Offline support section, select the Enable offline support checkbox.
- Manage the case types that are available offline:
Choices Actions Add a case type
- Click Add case type.
- In the modal dialog box for offline case type configuration, select the checkbox next to each case type for which you want to enable offline support.
Note: If the case type that you want to add has a warning icon, enable the required Allow multiple users locking strategy for that case type. For more information, see Managing concurrent access to a case.
- Click Submit.
Remove a case type Next to the case type that you want to remove, click the Remove icon. For example: A mobile app developer for the uPlus company, selects the Expenses case type to be available offline.
- On the Content tab, click the Navigation
category, and then configure the navigation experience in the offline-enabled app by
replacing the native worklist page with a web-based page:
- In the row with the native My Work page, click the Remove icon on the rightmost side of the row.
- Click .
Note: Offline-enabled apps do not support the native worklist component. For Theme UI-Kit-based applications, the name of the default web-based worklist is Worklist.
For more information about adding and removing navigation pages, see Adding items to the menu bar.
- Enable access to web-based pages in offline mode:
For more information about building offline-compatible pages, see Designing the user interface of offline-enabled mobile apps.
- In the row for the web-based page, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the modal dialog box for page configuration, clear the Display online version of page checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Creating offline configuration templates
Determine the elements that are a part of your offline-enabled mobile app package by creating offline configuration templates. For example, create a template in which you add custom images and icons, to make them available in offline mode.
Previous topic Designing the user interface of offline-enabled mobile apps Next topic Creating offline configuration templates