Nowadays, customers want to access services from wherever they go in the world, and from many different devices. This is why more and more organizations decide to interact with their customers primarily through mobile apps. With Pega's center-out architecture, you can improve the customer experience and take the workload off of call centers by surfacing business processes in your organization's customer-facing mobile channels. For example, a mobile app developer for the uPlus bank enables the bank's customers to easily check the status of their loan application by including the case status in the external app for uPlus customers.
External apps are most commonly developed for the iOS and Android operating systems, and are then distributed through their corresponding app stores: the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Even when the surfaced business processes change, Pega ensures that the apps continue to work without costly engineering projects, redeploying to app stores, or forced updates for consumers.
Pega offers the following ways for you to bring Pega Platform into your organization's mobile app:
- Pega Digital Experience (DX) API
- DX API seamlessly integrates Pega business processes into mobile apps by sourcing selected fields from Pega Platformand keeping the original UI styling of your external app. In this approach, Pega defines which fields are displayed while you decide the final look of the UI through native development.
- Pega Mobile Mashup
- Pega uses webviews to embed Pega Platform screens in external mobile apps. In this approach, Pega settings define the look of the interface in the external
app, saving you development time. You can, however, customize these settings in App Studio, so that the embedded view matches the UI of the external
This method requires you to perform additional native development tasks such as configuring authentication against Pega and defining when to display and dismiss the webview.
- Pega Mobile Messaging SDK
- Pega Mobile Messaging SDK is an add-on to the digital messaging capabilities
provided by Pega Customer Service. The Mobile Messaging SDK
embeds agent and chatbot features directly into an external app as a build dependency.
The SDK provides communication with Pega's Digital Messaging API, as
well as out-of-the-box native UI for driving chat experiences on iOS and Android.
For more information, see Setting up Mobile Messaging SDK.