Build safe mobile apps by selecting an authentication source that matches your security requirements. For example, you can use the default account authentication to effectively build secure apps that users can access with Pega Platform credentials.
- Create a mobile channel for your app. For more information, see Setting up mobile apps.
- Ensure that your Pega Platform instance uses HTTPS and a trusted SSL certificate.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the Security category.
- In the Authentication and security section, select how you
want to authenticate users in your mobile app:
- To allow users to access the app without authentication, select Login not required.
- To ensure that users sign in to the app with the default authentication service, which uses credentials from the Pega Platform database, select Pega Platform account.
- To allow users to select an authentication service from a screen that displays all enabled services, select Authentication service selected by the end-user.
- To ensure that users sign in to the app with only one of the enabled authentication services, select Specific authentication service, and then select the service that you want to use.
For more information about creating custom authentication services, see Creating an authentication service. Note: Pega Mobile Client supports the following types of authentication services:
- OpenID Connect
- Security Assertion Markup Language
- Basic credentials
- Click Save.
- Security mechanisms for mobile apps
You can take advantage of several security mechanisms when you build a Pega Mobile Client-based app. These mechanisms help you provide users with access to your mobile apps that matches your company's security requirements.
- Increasing mobile app security with time-outs and native locks
Increase the security of your mobile apps by configuring automatic app locks, and by adding convenient and secure mechanisms to unlock them. For example, you can configure your app to lock after a period of time and require users to unlock it by using a native fingerprint scanner.
- Making mobile apps available to users
To use a mobile app that you configure for a Pega Platform application in production, configure an operator role to provide users with access to your mobile app.