Configure a mobile app to connect to a specific alternative host name and
port instead of the default host name and port of the instance that you use to build your
By default, Pega Platform builds mobile apps with the
server URL address that results from the context of the App Studio or Dev Studio session that is open in your browser. An example of a scenario that
requires a change to that default behavior is when your development instance is only accessible
from an internal company network, while the user-facing part of the system is on the public
network. Alternatively, there are separate systems for development and production.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click
Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click
the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the
- In the Hosting section, select the Override default
- In the Alternative host field, enter the host name that you want
- In the Port field, enter the port for the alternative host
- Click Save.
Production instances can have limited access to Pega studios or have all the rulesets locked, which effectively
prevents you from building a mobile app on such instances. Therefore, you can build mobile
apps on your development or staging instances, and then specify an alternative host name and
port that point to the production instance.