- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a legacy mobile channel that you created by reusing a web portal.
- In the update tool window, click Start now.
- In the Upgrade mobile channel window, select the
navigation rule that you want to use in your mobile channel.When you select a rule, the tool indicates whether navigation items from the rule are supported or not. The tool can still convert rules with unsupported items, but these unsupported items are not included in the final navigation in your mobile channel.
- Click Upgrade.
- Click Save.
Legacy mobile channels that reuse web portals enabled you to build apps that used only single webviews. When you use a Pega Mobile Client-based mobile channel, you provide mobile users with apps that operate on multiple webviews. Such apps use a modern mobile architecture that offers better navigation and increased UI responsiveness.