To faciliate effective communication and collaboration over documents, define when users can view, add, and modify annotations to case and Pulse attachments and document case types. For example, you can define a when rule to specify that users can view or edit annotations only when the status of a case is Open.
By default, every user can view, add, and edit annotations.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for a when rule for the VirtualViewer component:
- To define a when rule for viewing annotations, open the CanViewAnnotation rule.
- To define a when rule for adding and editing annotations, open the CanSaveAnnotation rule.
- Copy the rule into your application ruleset.
For more information, see Copying a rule or data instance.
- Modify the when condition:
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for the rule in your application ruleset, and then open the rule.
- Click the Conditions tab.
- Click Actions, and then enter the condition.
pyWorkPage.pyStatusWork != Open
- Test your changes:
- Open a case attachment by using the Snowbound VirtualViewer component.
- Add an annotation when the case status is new, and then click Save.
- Change the status of the case to Open.
- Open the case attachment.
Result: Users cannot view or edit the annotations.
For more information, see Snowbound VirtualViewer, Implementing Snowbound VirtualViewer on Pega Platform.