Modifying user permissions for Snowbound VirtualViewer annotations
To faciliate effective communication and collaboration over documents, define when users can view, add, and modify annotations to case and Pulse attachments and document case types. For example, you can define a when rule to specify that users can view or edit annotations only when the status of a case is Open.
By default, every user can view, add, and edit annotations.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for a when rule for the VirtualViewer component:
- To define a when rule for viewing annotations, open the CanViewAnnotation rule.
- To define a when rule for adding and editing annotations, open the CanSaveAnnotation rule.
- Copy the rule into your application ruleset.
For more information, see Copying a rule or data instance.
- Modify the when condition:
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for the rule in your application ruleset, and then open the rule.
- Click the Conditions tab.
- Click Actions, and then enter the condition.
pyWorkPage.pyStatusWork != Open
- Test your changes:
- Open a case attachment by using the Snowbound VirtualViewer component.
- Add an annotation when the case status is new, and then click Save.
- Change the status of the case to Open.
- Open the case attachment.
Result: Users cannot view or edit the annotations.
For more information, see Snowbound VirtualViewer, Implementing Snowbound VirtualViewer on Pega Platform.