Paid Media Manager enables the same conversion events that drive internal decisioning and model-based learnings to help drive the performance of ad spend by optimizing the advertising targeted at known individuals.
People-based offline conversions (that is, information about individuals who have completed an action (e.g. 50K Platinum Credit Card) provide valuable data and signals to advertising spend. Organizations in industries where the vast majority of conversions are to individuals in a known state (for example, retail banking, insurance, or communications) are uniquely positioned to take advantage of people-based conversion functionality provided on modern ad platforms. For example, when an individual completes a 10,000 online bonus points offer travel credit card action, that event can be communicated to an ad platform to optimize bids and targeting for associating ad spend. Paid Media Manager can do so through people-based APIs.
Paid Media Manager provides the option to integrate with the people-based conversion API provided by Facebook Ads and Google Ads to continuously deliver data about conversion events, including offline conversions, directly to the advertising platform. This data can then be used to optimize bid strategies towards actual conversion, as opposed to commonly used intermediary metrics like clicks and impressions. The event information is captured by using the same CaptureResponse API that is used to drive adaptive and predictive models in Pega Customer Decision Hub.
Offline conversions and the CaptureResponse service
To learn how known individuals respond to actions across owned and paid channels, the AI adaptive and predictive models that can drive the decisioning process in Pega Customer Decision Hub use events captured by the CaptureResponse service. Information obtained from capturing individuals' responses to actions can be used, for example, to increase the efficiency of your advertising by enabling bids for associated ads to optimize for actual conversion as opposed to intermediary metrics like impressions and clicks.
Paid Media Manager makes it possible to bring information about conversions outside of the enterprise firewall and securely communicate it to destination ad platforms. This is done through the same Next-Best-Action framework governing owned and paid channels, and the adaptive and predictive models informing both.
Understanding how offline conversion data from the CaptureResponse service is sent to paid destinations
The conversion synchronization process consists of the following stages:
- After the offline conversion sync has been enabled and at least some actions have been enabled for offline conversions, an individual receives and accepts an action that has been enabled for offline conversions. The acceptance is the factor that triggers the conversion capture.
- The CaptureResponse service is invoked and stores interaction details such as the ID of the actions presented to the customer, and the customer's response in the pr_data_ih_fact Interaction History database table.
- The PrepareOfflineEventData activity iterates over the CaptureResponse results and prepares conversion-related event data for sending to a paid destination.
- The OfflineConversionRTTrigger job scheduler runs at specific intervals (by default, once every hour) and triggers the synchronization RealTimeOfflineConversionTriggerSync activity that sends the event data to a destination platform.
- Conversion event data is communicated to the destination platform and associated with a conversion event. Paid Media Manager generates an audience containing all individuals who have converted for this action, with the following naming pattern: <Issue-Group-Action>-C, for example, Sales-Cards-PlatinumCreditCard-C.
- You can then use the data tooptimize bids, create custom lookalike audiences in the destination platform, or measure the effectiveness of your ads through attribution reporting.
Using people-based conversions to optimize bids
Offline conversion data can be used to optimize bidding by configuring advertising campaigns to be optimized for conversions instead of clicks or impressions. For more information about the process, refer to the following destination-specific topics:
Using conversions audiences to target lookalike audiences based on individuals who converted
After the conversion data is communicated to a destination platform in the form of conversion audiences, you can use it to create lookalike audiences based on individuals who have converted, and use them to better target your ads.
For more information about the process, refer to the following destination-specific topics:
Using people-based conversions with attribution reporting
Offline and online conversion data helps measure the real effectiveness of your ads by providing you with data from a variety of channels. After conversion information is communicated to the platform, you can use it to measure the effectiveness of your advertising keywords. For more information about the process, refer to the following destination-specific topics:
- Enabling offline conversions
To enable offline conversions, you must configure relevant settings in Paid Media Manager and in the destination platform.