Extending the change request approval process
By default, the approval process for change requests created in the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager consists of approval by the team lead in the Idea stage, and then by the Next-Best-Action specialist, in the Test stage. If you want other users, like the reporting manager or the work group manager, to approve a change request instead, extend the change request flow with an additional approval step.
- Log in to Dev Studio as an operator in the OpsMgrAdmin access group.
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Idea step, click Configure process.
- Click Open Process.
- Click Checkout.
- On the Submit Idea flow diagram, right-click the Approve/Reject Change Request step, and then click View properties.
- To route the request for additional manager approval within the same organizational structure, in the Approval flow type list, select Cascading.
- In the Approval based on list, select Reporting structure.
- In the Approval to be completed by list, select one of the
- Reporting manager - The request must be approved by the manager to whom the request creator reports. This is the manager that you selected in the Reports to field on the Work tab of the request creator's operator account. For more information, see Fields for operator work groups, work queues, and schedules.
- Work group manager - The request must be approved by the manager of the work group to which the request creator belongs. This is the default work group specified in the Work tab of the request creator's operator account. For more information, see Fields for operator work groups, work queues, and schedules.
- Specify how many managers in the request creator's organizational hierarchy must
approve the request by selecting one of the following options:
- One - Only the reporting manager or the work group manager must approve the request.
- All - All managers in the request creator's organizational hierarchy must approve the request.
- Custom - Specify the number of levels that must approve the change request, as determined by the evaluation of When rules. Specify manager at each approval level and define a cut-off with a When rule for each manager.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Enabling business users to request changes to action bundles Next topic Extending custom action attributes