Pega 1:1 Operations Manager supports different change request types: requests to create or update actions, or to replace a model in a prediction. Change requests related to actions follow a more complex workflow and support various user operations. Change prediction requests have a simplified workflow and require less user interaction.
Create new action and Update existing action change request flow
Change requests related to actions progress through the following stages in Pega 1:1 Operations Manager:
- Idea and Plan - In this stage, any team member in your Operations Manager implementation application, can request a change and specify the details. For example, an analyst can request an update to a marketing action, or the creation of a new action to cover a business requirement. For more information, see Creating a change request.
- Plan - In this stage, a team lead in the <your Operations Manager implementation application>:TeamLead access group receives the change request, reviews the details, ranks the request, and indicates the stakeholders. For more information, see Approving and ranking a change request.
- Build - In this stage, a technical team member in the <your Operations Manager implementation application>:NBASpecialist access group works on the tasks required to complete the request. For more information, see Working on a change request.
- Test - This stage is an extension point where you can implement your own testing process. In future versions of Pega 1:1 Operations Manager, a default testing process will be implemented.
- Deploy - In this stage, a team lead reviews the implemented changes, and then submits them for deployment. For more information, see Verifying and deploying a change request.
- Data flow
- Process flow
- Event strategy
- Action flow
- External data flow
- Treatments flow
Change prediction request flow
When a data scientist approves a change of a model within a prediction in Prediction Studio, a Change prediction is created in Pega 1:1 Operations Manager. The request advances automatically to the Deploy stage. At this stage the team lead can verify the changes that the data scientist made to the model, such as the updated rules and the model documentation. For more information, see Verifying and deploying a change request.
The changes are automatically associated with a revision, so no action is necessary to submit the changes for deployment. If a Revision Manager withdraws the revision, the status of the Change prediction request in Pega 1:1 Operations Manager changes to WITHDRAWN.