In Pega Agile Studio, epics belong to specific backlogs and can be ranked within the backlog. After an update, you must use the activity, PegaProjMgmt-Work.AssociateBLToEpic, to configure a backlog value on all non-resolved epics without backlogs in the system.
To configure a backlog for existing epics, complete the following steps:
- Log on as an operator with access to Dev Studio.
- Open activity PegaProjMgmt-Work.AssociateBLToEpic.
- Click .
- On the execution modal, leave the default values unchanged, and then click
Run.Verify the following steps:
- On completion, the Operation completed screen is displayed if all existing epics are successfully associated with a backlog.
- In cases where not all epics have been associated with a backlog successfully, a message in the format shown below will appear. In such cases, the system log will indicate which epics were not successfully initialized. These can be manually updated as needed.
- For any epic for which a backlog could not be set, a message is displayed as shown when the epic is opened, and the user will need to set the backlog manually when it is next edited.
- The report Epics Without Backlog, available in the Product Planning report category in the report browser, can be used to identify any epics that need a backlog assigned.