Pega Agile Studio 8.7 uses the Pulse feature to discuss and add comments to Agile Studio cases. You now use Pulse in place of notes. In order to view existing notes after you update to Pega Agile Studio 8.7, you must run this utility to convert them to Pulse posts. The utility allows you to choose to convert all, some, or none of your existing notes. Pulse posts are only visible to users that are in the same application and the same workgroup as the user who created it.
To configure PegaPulse, complete the following steps:
- Create an operator ConvertNotesOperator, which has the same application and workgroup as production operators and has access to Dev Studio.
- Log on as ConvertNotesOperator.
- Open the activity PegaProjMgmt-Work.ConvertNotesToSocial.
- Click . The following three execution modal parameters allow you to customize the note conversion:
To customize the note conversion using any of these parameters, update the parameter; otherwise, leave the default values to convert all existing notes in the system.
Enter a work item prefix to process notes on only certain work types. For example, entering US would limit the conversion to only notes that are on user stories. This can be used to process only certain notes, or to process the conversion in several smaller groupings rather than all at once. Leaving this blank will cause notes to be converted regardless of the work item prefix of the work item the notes are on.
Enter a status prefix to process notes on only work items of certain statuses. For example, entering Open- would limit the conversion to only notes that are on work items in which their status begins with Open. This can be used to process only certain notes (for example, to exclude notes on resolved items), or to process the conversion in several smaller groupings rather than all at once. Leaving this blank will cause notes to be converted regardless of the status of the work item the notes are on.
Select to process notes on only product and release work items. Leaving this unselected will cause notes to be converted to other work types in addition to products and releases.
- Click Run.The time required for the conversion process to complete will depend on system attributes as well as the number of notes being converted. During internal testing, it was observed that the system processed about 500 notes per minute.On completion, the Operation completed screen displays.
- Ensure that the following information displays:
- The progress of the process can be viewed in the PegaRULES log. A message displays on the log for each batch of 1,000 records processed. Error messages and final status also display in the log.
- Any work item notes included in the conversion based on the parameters selected are now displayed on the work item as a Pulse post.