Pega® Autonomic Event Services is an intelligent application monitoring tool that runs on Pega Platform. Before you upgrade to Pega Autonomic Event Services 7.3, you must install Pega Platform 7.3.
Upgrading to Pega Autonomic Event Services 7.3 includes these main steps:
- Importing the application bundle
- Restarting the Pega Autonomic Event Services servers
After you complete and verify your Pega Autonomic Events Services installation, configure the systems that you want the application to monitor. For more information, see Configuring systems for monitoring with Pega Autonomic Event Services.
To plan and complete the installation, review the following information:
- Backing up your system
- Importing the application bundle
- Verifying the installation of rulesets
Before you install Pega Autonomic Event Services, make sure that you complete the following tasks:
- Optional: Determine database permission requirements. The installation might require changes because the application bundle includes a database schema.
- If you can obtain the appropriate permissions, you can configure the application to apply schema changes during the installation.
- If only local database administrators can configure database schema changes, see How to set privileges to restrict database schema changes generated from Process Commander.
- Ensure that you understand the deployment architecture and hardware requirements of Pega Autonomic Event Services. For more information, see Pega Autonomic Event Services architecture overview and deployment best practices.
- Upgrade Pega Platform to 7.3, and then verify your installation as described in the Platform Installation Guide for your environment, available on the Deployment Guides page.
- Apply any required hotfixes to Pega Platform before proceeding with the Pega Autonomic Event Services application upgrade. For a list of required hotfixes, see Pega Autonomic Event Services Hotfixes.
- Update the Pega Platform online help to the latest version from the Online Help Files section on the Pega Platform Update page. After you download the latest prhelp.war file, deploy it in your Pega Platform installation before continuing. For deployment information, see the Pega Platform Installation Guide for your application server.
Back up your applications so that you can restore your system, if necessary.
- Verify that all rules are checked in.
- Back up or clone the PegaRULES schema in case you need to quickly restore Pega Autonomic Event Services 7.2.
The system data and rulesets for Pega Autonomic Event Services are loaded during this step.
- Log in to Pega Platform by entering the credentials that you established when you installed this server.
The default user name is [email protected] and the password is install.
Click Designer Studio > Application > Distribution > Import.
Click Choose File, browse for the AES_07_30_01.jar file from your distribution media, and follow the instructions in the wizard.
The wizard identifies differences between the database schema of your current system and the schema of Pega Autonomic Event Services 7.3.
Based on your permission to make database changes, which you established before beginning the installation, do one of the following:
If the appropriate settings are in place to allow the application to make database changes, select the Automatic check box, and click to apply the schema changes.
To manually configure database changes, select Manual and continue.
Click View/Download DDL SQL to produce a text file that contains Data Definition Language (DDL) statements for the required changes.
Save the DDL file and send it to a database administrator to make the required changes.
Database administrators must review the identified differences in the generated DDL file, and then update DDL mappings to the implementation database to accommodate new functionality. This task can require some time.
After the database administrator has applied the DDL, repeat the Import wizard steps.
When the appropriate database schema changes are complete, continue.
Restart the Pega Autonomic Event Services server.
If you created any custom access groups in your application, ensure that they reference the newly upgraded Pega Autonomic Event Services 7.3 application.
Apply any required hotfixes to the Pega Autonomic Event Services application. For a list of required hotfixes, see Pega Autonomic Event Services Hotfixes.
Perform this procedure to ensure that the required application rulesets are in the correct location.
- Log in to your application with the user name aesdeveloper. The default password is password.
- Change the default password, and store your new password in a safe location.
- In Designer Studio, click Application > Structure > RuleSet Stack.
- Verify that the following ruleset versions are listed:
If your system does not contain the latest rulesets, the upgrade was not completed successfully. Follow these steps: