Adding and configuring CTI link(s)
When a CTI Link is created, a CTI connection is created from each node within the Pega Platform cluster to the CTI Server.
When a CTI Link is created, it is used on any Pega Platform node within the cluster.
Log in to the Pega Platform as a user with access to the Pega-CTI ruleset (a user with the role CASysAdmin on Pega Customer Service systems, CTIDeveloper in other systems). In the header of Dev Studio, click:
In the Pega Call Administration & Configuration landing page, select the CTI Links gadget. A list of existing CTI links appears, with information about their status.
To edit an existing CTI link, click.
To create a new link, perform the following :
- Choose Add CTI Link and select the CTI link type.
- In the new form, provide a short description and name for the new CTI link, then click Create and open.
- In the rule form that appears on the Link Configuration
tab, enter the information for your CTI Link.
Field Description Enabled Select if this CTI Link is enabled. Pega Call will only attempt to connect to the CTI server if the corresponding CTI Link is enabled. Auto Start Select if you wish to have Pega Platform start the CTI engine when Pega Platform starts up. Allowing PRPC to autostart a CTI Link ensures that the link is ready when CSRs need to use telephony services. If AutoStart is not enabled, the first CSR to login after Pega Platform starts up is likely to experience a longer delay before he or she logs in. Select AutoStart for CTI Links on production systems. JTAPI Vendor Choose "Avaya AES" to connect with the Avaya AES platform. AES Server Host Name Required. The host name or IP address of the AES server. T-Server Host Name Required. The host name or IP address of the T-server. Port Required. Port that Pega Call connects to. Tenant ID User ID for the CTI user or connection on the CTI Server. Password Password for the CTI user ID on the CTI Server. Application Name The application name associated with Pega Call on the Genesys Pure Engage platform. Append Node ID Select this check box to append the Pega Platform node ID to the application name. In a Pega Platform cluster, this enables identification of each Pega Platform node's connection to the T-Server. CTI Server Host Name Required. The host name or IP address of the CTI server. Port Required. The port used for SOAP connections to the server. Peripheral ID Required. ID of the ACD peripheral on Cisco ICM. Protocol Version
Select the protocol version from the options provided.
CTI Protocol Version
10 7.0 and above 14 8.0 and above 15 8.5 and above 16 9.0 and above 18 10.0 and above Client ID Required. User ID for the CTI user or connection on the CTI Server. Password Password for the CTI user ID on the CTI Server. Append Node ID Select this check box to append the PRPC node ID to the application name. In a Pega Platform cluster, this enables identification of each Pega Platform node's connection to the Cisco CTI Server. TLink The name of the TLink on the Avaya AES Server. AES User ID Required. User ID for the CTI user or connection on the CTI Server. Password Required. Password for the CTI user ID on the CTI Server. Connection Timeout(s) Time in seconds before a CTI Link is considered to be disconnected. The CTI Link Engine will wait for this duration after a connection interruption, before attempting to connect to a backup CTI server (if one is configured). Retry Interval(s) Time in seconds between attempts to reconnect to the CTI server. The Retry Interval should be set to a lower value than the Connection Timeout, to allow the CTI Link Engine to attempt to reconnect to a CTI Server before attempting to fail over to the backup CTI Server. Heartbeat Enabled Whether to enable heartbeats on the link between the Pega Platform node(s) and the Cisco CTI Server Heartbeat Interval Time in seconds between heartbeats on the link to the Cisco CTI Server. ECC Variable Key Conversion The CTI Link engine for Cisco ICM uses a Pega Platform value group to represent ICM’s extended call context (ECC) variables. ECC variable names are mapped to property names. Since Pega Platform property names cannot include periods (.), all periods in ECC variable names received from ICM are mapped to underscore (_) characters in Pega Platform property names. The key conversion setting determines how underscores in the Pega Platform property names are mapped to ECC variable names when variables are sent back to ICM. This setting is set to All, First or None. If set to All, all underscore characters in the property name will be mapped to periods in the ECC variable name. If set to First, only the first underscore in the property name is mapped to a period. If set to None, the property name is used as the ECC variable name with no mapping of underscore characters. Enable UCID Support Select to have Pega Call get and use universal call IDs (UCIDs) from Avaya AES. Only enable this option if UCIDs are configured on the Avaya ACD and if you use universal call IDs to track calls between systems. Site ID Provide a unique identifier for the ACD that this CTI link will connect to. If more than one link connects to the same ACD, they should all have the same Site ID. Desktop Heartbeats These settings pertain to heartbeats from the desktop to the server.
- Enabled --Select to require heartbeats from desktops. If a Pega Call-enabled desktop stops sending heartbeat messages (as when a web browser is shut down without properly logging out from CTI), the CTI Link stops monitoring the device (phone or extension) associated with that desktop. It is recommend that you enable this option, in order to prevent continued monitoring of devices that are not being used and potential problems with subsequent logins.
- Heartbeat Interval(s) -- Interval (in seconds) at which heartbeat messages are expected.
- Heartbeat Timeout(s) --Elapsed time (in seconds) after which, if no heartbeats have been received from a desktop, the CTI Link will stop monitoring the device associated with the desktop. This should be set to several times the heartbeat interval.
- Behavior upon timeout --
Select one of the options provided:
- Unmonitor device (stop event subscription) -- Stops the CTI event subscription from the CTI server for the user's device (extension). Pega Call no longer monitors the user's extension and does not provide screen pops or UI updates for that extension. The user can no longer control that extension through Pega Call. The user's agent-state does not change on the ACD.
- Make agent Not-Ready and unmonitor device -In addition to stopping CTI events as described in the option above, Pega Call attempts to change the user's agent-state on the ACD to "Not-Ready". This prevents the user from receiving customer phone calls from the queue.
- Save the CTI Link configuration.
Previous topic CTI Link configuration on Pega Platform Next topic Configuring switch capabilities