Configuring logging for the CTI Link Engine
To increase control over the logging process, configure the centralized logging included with Pega Call. By adjusting logging preferences, you can facilitate troubleshooting and find relevant information more easily.
You can select the kind of information to include in the logs by severity or type, filter the entries by device or operator, and specify other properties such as file name pattern or maximum log file size.
Additionally, you can apply your preferred settings to multiple CTI links in one place, which makes maintaining logs and monitoring the application state easier.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click
- Click Logging, and then click Logging Settings.
- Edit the settings in the CTI Properties rule form:
LogLevel, Appender Class Name,
Appender Property.Pega Platform utilizes the log4j library.
For more information on appender properties, see Rolling the log file.
- Define the type of information to include in the log by selecting the related check boxes: Requests, Events, or Clipboard state.
- Optional: Add the device number for every device to monitor at Pega Call rule
level.The device number corresponds to the Extension entered when a Pega Call Operator logs in.
- Optional: Add the Operator ID for every Operator to monitor at Pega Call rule level. The Operator ID corresponds to the login name of an operator.
- Click Save.
- Restart the system for the settings to take effect.
Pega Call log files are generated in the same location as Pega Platform log files.
The default file name is
PegaCTI.log and the default file
yyyy is the year, MMM is the month,
dd is the date, and %i is the rolling index when the log file
With these default settings, the fist log file created on March 3rd 2019 would be
PegaCTI-2019-MAR-03.log and the second one
Previous topic Appendix: Developer and debugging tools Next topic Rolling the log file