Deleting older call objects
For each incoming call, Pega Call writes a call object to the Pega Platform database. This object includes CTI data provided by the CTI platform and is used to populate screen pops for incoming and transferred calls. The database key for the call object includes the CTI call ID.
Over time, the call table can grow large enough that the display of screen pops becomes delayed. Also, depending on your CTI environment, CTI call IDs can repeat, causing call data to be overwritten.
To prevent such issues, purge older call objects from the database at regular intervals. You can use a third-party database management tool or the Pega Call agents rule.
To purge older call objects with the Pega Call agent, create a dynamic system setting (Data-Admin-System-Setting) for the maximum age of the call objects you want to retain. Objects older than the age you specify are deleted the next time the agent runs. To create a dynamic system setting:
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Click .
- To create a new Dynamic System Settings, click Create.
- Enter text in the Short description for the Dynamic System Settings.
- In the Owning RuleSet field, enter: Pega-ChannelServices
- In the Setting Purpose field, enter: PurgeCallObjects/CallAgeLimit/Default
- Click Create and open to create the rule.
- On the Edit rule page that is displayed, set the Value in minutes. Objects older than the value that you set will be deleted.
Previous topic Enabling call object purging