Select which telephony mode to implement. The telephony mode is the way in which CSRs manage their availability to receive calls (agent state), and conduct call control operations. You can choose the mode that best fits your business needs.
You can create a client-side OpenCTI integration that supports one of the following telephony modes:
- Simple telephony
- This mode is intended for CSRs who use a different tool for call control operations, for example, to place calls on hold or transfer calls, and agent-state management. A CSR receives a new call notification on their desktop, either through a screen pop or an automatic interaction start, when a call arrives at their phone. In this mode, agent state management and call control features are not available on the Pega desktop.
- Simple telephony with agent state management
- This mode is intended for CSRs who use a separate phone, hardware or software, for call control operations, but want to perform agent-state management on their Pega desktop. When this mode is selected, CSRs can manage their agent state, Ready or Not Ready, on the Pega desktop. In this mode, call control features are not available on the Pega desktop.
- Full telephony
- This mode is intended for CSRs who perform all telephony functions on the Pega desktop. When this mode is selected, CSRs can control calls on their phone, for example, hold, retrieve, transfer, or hang up, and manage the agent state from their Pega desktop. In addition, they receive call notifications in the same way as in simple telephony mode.
Follow the steps below to create your own client-side integration of Pega Call.
- Decide which telephony mode you want to implement.
- Create your application context.
- Configure the OpenCTI framework.
- Set the version of your implementation.
- Implement the login and logout functions.
- Configuring events receipt from the CTI server
- Implement JSON schema properties.
- Configure error messages.
functions to pass requests to the CTI server.The set of functions required in your implementation depends on your selected telephony mode.