Use Pega Platform 8.6 integration resources such as REST or SOAP or JAVA connectors and services to send requests to the CTI server to authenticate and subscribe for events.
The OpenAdapter activity is invoked when the user (CSR) attempts to log in to the toolbar. It is used to perform any initialization that is required. You can override and implement this activity to perform any initialization required for your adapter. However, if you do not require initialization for each user then you need not implement this activity.
Optionally, you can use CloseAdapter activity to perform any clean up activity on the adapter.
- In Dev Studio, search for the OpenAdapter activity in the OpenCTI adapter class.
- Copy the activity into the implementation class created for the new
adapter.This activity will be called when the adapter is first used.
- On the activity page, add steps that is required for the adapter.
- Optional: In Dev Studio, search for the CloseAdapter activity in the OpenCTI adapter class.
- Optional: Copy the activity into the implementation class created for the new adapter.
- Optional: On the activity page, add any clean-up or shut-down steps required for the adapter.