Advanced call control functions
By using advanced call control functions, you can perform the complex call control activities, such as starting a conference call, performing a warm transfer, and performing a blind transfer. The CTI server receives the requests, applies the appropriate settings, and returns the event that instructs the CTI toolbar to handle the call.
- A conference call is a call with more than two parties. This capability uses the conferenceInitiate function and the conferenceCall function based on the switch type used by the user, and the dropParty function to remove a party from the conference call.
- Warm Transfer
- A warm transfer is a call between the customer and the CSR, where one CSR transfers an active call to another CSR. The second CSR gets the an alert, if accepted, the first CSR clicks complete transfer on the Call menu list, then the call is completely transferred to the second CSR. This function uses transferInitiate activity and transferCall activity to initiate a warm transfer call.
- Blind Transfer
- A blind transfer is a call transferred from one CSR to another CSR without alerting or waiting for acceptance. This function uses the blindTransfer activity to allow the CSR to immediately transfer a call to another CSR.
- The conferenceInitiate activity
- The conferenceCall activity
- The dropParty activity
- The transferInitiate activity
- The transferCall activity
- The blindTransfer activity
Previous topic The sendDTMF activity Next topic The conferenceInitiate activity