Implementing the LoginAgent activity
Pega Call uses the LoginAgent activity to log CSRs into Pega Call. When a CSR is logged in, they receive calls from the queue and can set their agent state as Ready or Not Ready. You can also specify the queue to which a CSR logs in to work. Moreover, the LoginAgent activity enables the monitoring of a device and subscribing for events for a device.
The following table shows the properties of the activity that you can see on the primary page of the clipboard.
Properties of the LoginAgent activity
|Queue||The property that specifies to which queue the CSR logs in to work. If you leave this property blank, the CSR logs into the queue that the Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) server specifies or the Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) queues. This property is optional.|
|AgentOptions||The property page that contains the reason code for logging the CSR out of the queue. This property is optional.|
|AgentID||The CSR ID in the ACD. This property is populated during login.|
|AgentPassword||The password for the CSR for the ACD or queue. This property is populated during login.|
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for the LoginAgent activity in the OpenCTI adapter class.
- Copy the LoginAgent activity into the adapter class.
- On the Activity page, add the required steps to call the
8.7 integration connector to send the login
request to the CTI server.The data that is required for the login request such as Agent ID and Agent Password can be retrieved from the adapter clipboard.
- Invoke the appropriate request to the CTI Server by using Pega Platform 8.7 integration connector.
- Identify errors and handle them as discussed in Handling Errors.
Previous topic CTI functions Next topic Implementing the LogoutAgent activity