You can configure how to answer and start calls and their associated interactions.
Pega Call supports the following call types:
- Incoming calls to your call center.
- Calls from your call center or a CSR phone to an external phone number.
- CSR consultation calls.
- Calls within your call center, such as calls from one CSR to another.
You can configure treatment of inbound and consult calls in App Studio.
For inbound calls, you can:
- Select how to answer calls: automatically, automatically after an interaction starts, or manually by a CSR.
- Select how to start interactions, meaning a record of information related to the call: automatically with or without a screen pop, or manually after a CSR accepts the interaction in a screen pop.
In Dev Studio, you can also specify what compute telephony integration (CTI) data to display in a screen pop. For instructions, see Configuring an existing CTI link using the configuration wizard.
For consult calls, you can select how to answer calls: automatically or manually by a CSR.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of computer telephony integration (CTI) settings, click .
- In the Call treatment info dialog box, select the
Apply call treatment to incoming and other calls
check box.When this check box is not selected, no call operations, such as answering or hanging up calls, are available in the Pega Call Desktop
- In the Call answering section, select how to answer
Choices Actions Automatically answer Immediately answer a call without a CSR action. Automatically answer after interaction starts Answer a call without a CSR action after an interaction for the call starts. Answer manually A CSR manually answers a call. Note: Do not select this option if Auto Answer is enabled in your automatic call distributor (ACD).
- In the Interaction start section, select how to start
interactions for calls:
Choices Actions Start automatically Automatically start an interaction for an incoming call, without a CSR action.This option is useful for complex, composite interactions that may take a long time to load. It lets the CSR quickly see a snippet of the interaction in the screen pop and prepare for the call. Interactions contain the information displayed in screen pops, so you can omit screen pop display for short, quickly loading automatically started interactions.
- The Display screen pop field is displayed. Select whether you want to display the screen pop to give the CSR context on the interaction.
- If you choose to Display screen pop, select the Enable screen pop timeout disposition checkbox to set screen pop display time in seconds. You need to set the display time as there is no manual way to close this screen pop.
Start with screen pop Start an interaction when the CSR clicks the Accept button or when the timeout duration passes.
- Optional: To configure a timeout interval for starting an interaction, in the
Interaction timeout disposition section, select the
Enable timeout disposition check box.Depending on your selected Interaction start, if the CSR does not click Accept in the screen pop within the timeout interval or the interaction fails to automatically launch, the selected Action to take launches.
For the Start automatically interaction start, you can select to:
- In the Duration of time before timeout field, specify the number of seconds before timeout.
- In the Action to take field, select the action to execute after timeout.
Choices Actions Force start the interaction Start interaction processing for the call. This option is useful when a CSR has a different interaction open after finishing a call, and a new call is routed to them. Stop requesting interaction start Stop trying to automatically start an interaction and let the CSR to accept it manually when they are ready. This option is useful if the CSR is busy wrapping up a previous interaction and needs the timeout to finish it.For the Start with screen pop interaction start, you can select to: Choices Actions Force start the interaction Start interaction processing for the call. This option is useful to avoid a situation in which a CSR accepts a call, but forgets to start an interaction. Close the screen pop Dismiss the screen pop when the interaction is set to start.
- Click Submit.
- Click Consultation and Transferred Calls to configure treatment of consult and transferred calls, and then complete steps 4 through 8.
- Click Submit.