Generate link-specific log files for one or more of your computer telephony integration (CTI) links to limit the events in a log file to a single CTI link. Link-specific log files are suitable for large, multi-site deployments. Generating a separate log file per site can make it easier troubleshoot issues at specific sites.
- JTAPI (Avaya AES)
- Cisco ICM/UCCE
- Genesys Engage Platform SDK
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the CTI Links tab, in the Actions list in the row of the CTI link for which you want to generate a separate log file, click Edit.
- On the Logging tab, in the Log Distribution field, select Separate log file for this CTI Link.
- In the Log Level field, select a logging level.Selecting Off as the log level prevents entries from being generated in the log.
- In the Appender Name field, retain the default name of
the Log4j appender, which sends the log messages to the output
destination.This field is auto-populated by the system. For common files for all CTI links, the name is
PegaCTINew.log, and for separate files, the appender name is in the format
CTI.<local-connector-type>.<link_name>, where local-connector-type is one of Avaya, Cisco, or Genesys link types.
- In the Appender Class Name field, specify the appender type
- In the table with appender properties, add configuration parameters for the
Log4j appender, such as FileName,
- Add the FileNamePattern property to specify the
log file name pattern.If you include a dd element in the pattern, a log file is generated when the server starts each day.
- Add the MaxFileSize property to specify the maximum file size for a log file. When the log file reaches this size, the log rolls into a new file.
- Add the FileNamePattern property to specify the log file name pattern.
- Confirm your updates by clicking Save.