To employ Pega Call features that fit your business processes without complicating implementation, follow the sequence of activities as outlined below, deploy to pilot users at the end of each phase, and assess the need for additional features before proceeding.
- Establish a computer telephony integration (CTI) link connection between Pega Call and a CTI environment:
- In App Studio, Configure device capabilities.
- In App Studio, Configure call treatment.
- Complete the configuration in the Pega
While the Pega Call configuration wizard provides an option to create a CTI link and configure basic device capabilities and call treatment settings, App Studio provides more configuration options.
- After completing App Studio configurations, configure call data mapping and mapping call properties to the screen pop in the Pega Call configuration wizard to complete the setup.
- At the end of this phase, go live with some pilot users so that you can validate the stability and performance of the integration. Based on the pilot test of the core Pega Call configuration, consider whether you need additional features.
- Configure additional features available for your CTI link.