The Cisco ICM/UCCE link is a Java-based connector that connects the Pega Platform server to a Cisco ICM/UCCE server. This is an out-of-the-box integration that Pega Call provides for local Cisco ICM/UCCE connections.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of computer telephony integration (CTI) settings, click CTI link setup.
- On the CTI link setup page, click Add new link.
- Enter a name and description for the link.
- In the Link list, select Cisco
Result: The page displays additional settings specific to Genesys Engage (Platform SDK) links.
- In the CTI server host name field, enter the host name or IP address of the CTI server.
- In the Port field, enter the TCP port that Pega Call uses to connect to the CTI server.
- In the Peripheral ID field, enter the ID of the automatic call distributor (ACD) peripheral on Cisco ICM.
- In the Protocol version field, select the latest protocol version supported by your Cisco installation.
- In the Client ID field, enter the unique identifier for the CTI user or connection on the CTI server.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the server connection.
- If you want Pega Call to attempt to connect to a secondary server if the connection to the primary server fails, select the Enable failover checkbox.
- If you have enabled failover, configure the failover settings:
- In the Secondary CTI server host name field, enter the secondary CTI server host name.
- In the Secondary CTI server port field, enter the secondary CTI server port number.
- In the Telephony switch field, select the telephony switch to which the T-Server connects.
- In the Reason Codes section, add one or more reason codes for an agent to indicate to the telephony switch why they are setting themselves as unavailable (not ready) for calls, or logging out of the CTI user interface.
- Click Save.
Once you set up a CTI link, you can configure switch capabilities and set up diagnostic logging for the link.