When you choose to use the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Medications API and then integrate with external systems, such as electronic medical record (EMR) systems, you can share patient medication data according to industry standards. You can now identify and define a medication for the purpose of prescribing, dispensing, and administering the medication, and describing the medication use.The Pega Care Management user interface now displays new fields, and the data model has changed to accommodate patient medication support. You can choose to update to the new data model or continue to use the prescription table.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Optional: To add more properties to the Medications section of a
patient profile, follow these steps:
- On the Upgrade page, click MapPatientMedicationExt.
- On the Data Transform page, click the Add a row icon.
- Complete the fields that are needed to add your property. For more information, see Configuring a data transform.
- Optional: To map the medication status from the old data model to the new data model,
follow these steps:The default values for existing active status are already mapped.
- Click MapActiveToStatus.
- On the Decision Table page, edit the table to meet
your needs. For more information, see Decision Table form - Completing the Table tab.
- Optional: To add post-processing tasks that you want to perform after the medication
update, follow these steps:
- Click SavePatientMedicationExt.
- On the Activity page, click the Add a step link.
- Complete the fields to create your post-processing task.For more information, see Activities.
- To apply the update, click Upgrade medication.