Creating a framework application
Run the New Application wizard to create your framework enterprise application. The framework application contains common rules that are used by all parts of your organization. The implementation applications that you build on top of this framework application inherit common rules from the framework application.
- Create an operator ID to run the New Application wizard.
- Log in to Dev Studio by using the operator ID [email protected] and the password that you specified for that operator.
- Save a copy of the existing [email protected] operator, and give it a name that identifies it as the framework Application Setup operator.
- Add the PegaCare:AppSetup access group to the new operator record, and then
click the radio button to the left of the access group to select it as the default
access group.If you want to continue using the UI Kit-based application, add the PegaCRM-SFA:AppSetup access group. For more information, see the Pega Sales Automation 8.5 Release Notes on the Pega Sales Automation product page.When this access group is selected as the default access group for an operator, the New Application wizard opens when the operator logs in.
- Save the new operator.
- Create the framework application.
The Application Wizard creates the framework application. The framework application includes one system administrator operator so that you can log into the application after you complete the wizard.
- Log in as the framework Application Setup operator.
- Follow the New Application wizard instructions until the
Name your application page opens, and then follow the steps
below.For more information about each step of the wizard, see Creating applications.
- On the Name your application page, enter the name of the application, and then click Advanced configuration.
- In the Application Settings section, under Application structure, select Framework.
- In the Organization settings section, enter the
Organization name, Division name, and
Unit name for this application.
The framework application class names come from this organization structure. For more information, see Class layers and Class hierarchy and inheritance.
If you have not already defined the organization entities (for example, if you have not already defined the division), type the name of the new entity in the appropriate field. The application saves the new values when you create the new application.
- Click Save.
- Click Create application.
- To open the new application, click Go to app.The application opens in Dev Studio.
Previous topic Using a framework application for Pega Care Management Next topic Creating an implementation application on top of a framework application