Creating an implementation application on top of a framework application
Run the New Application wizard to create your implementation application on top of the framework application.
- Log in to the framework application as the system administrator operator created for the new framework application.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click New Application.
- On the What type of application do you want to build page,
select your framework application.Your new implementation application will be built on top of the framework application, and it will inherit the rules from that application.
- Follow the rest of the New Application wizard instructions until the
Name your application page opens, and then follow the steps
For more information about each step of the wizard, see Creating applications.The Application Wizard creates one system administrator operator for you so that you can log into the implementation application after you complete the wizard.
- On the Name your application page, enter the name of the application, and then click Advanced configuration.
- In the Organization settings section, enter the
Organization name, Division name, and
Unit name for this application.
The New Application wizard creates the application class structure for you based on the organization settings that you enter. For more information, see Class layers and Class hierarchy and inheritance.
If you have not already defined the organization entities (for example, if you have not already defined the division), type the name of the new entity in the appropriate field. The application saves the new values when you create the new application.
- Click Save.
- Click Create application.
- To open the implementation application, click Go to app.
Previous topic Creating a framework application Next topic Creating a ruleset for Business Analyst templates