Pega Autonomic Event Services is an application that automatically monitors, retrieves, and organizes the alert data from one or more clustered systems throughout the enterprise. Pega also provides the Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud, which allows you to benefit from Pega Autonomic Event Services without installing it locally. Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud is a Software as a Service offering of Pega Autonomic Event Services.
Implementing the following best practices in your application can help to ensure optimal response times and overall application health:
- Segment your application's agent processing to a dedicated JVM (Java Virtual Machine). This configuration ensures that end users do not have to share resources with background processes.
- Monitor integration response times. Over time, slow integration points can cause average handle times to increase. When queues start to grow, it becomes very difficult to recover, and might require the use of offline services or a backup application.
- Regularly perform Layer 7 health checks. Layer 7 is the application layer of the OSI model. Examining the details of a connection can allow you to filter out unwanted traffic from entering your call center, for example, DDoS attacks. Viewing connection details can also help with load balancing and provide you with the information that you need to more intelligently route calls.
- Regularly perform health checks on the CTI layer. Periodically check to ensure that the application can communicate with the switch. Periodically call the application to ensure that it can get through the entire process.
- Monitor your company's social media accounts (for example, Facebook and Twitter) to ensure that they do not expire. You can also monitor the social agents that are the internal background processes operating on the server that runs activities on a periodic basis.