When you choose to use the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Medications API and then integrate with external systems, such as electronic medical record (EMR) systems, you can share patient medication data according to industry standards. You can now identify and define a medication for the purpose of prescribing, dispensing, and administering the medication, and describing the medication use.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Optional: To add more properties to the Medications section of a
patient profile, follow these steps:
For example: You might want to add the manufacturer of the medication.
- On the Upgrade page, click MapPatientMedicationExt.
- On the Data Transform page, click the Add a row icon.
- Complete the fields that are needed to add your property. For more information, see Configuring a data transform.
- Optional: To map the medication status from the old data model to the new data model,
follow these steps:The default values for existing active status are already mapped.
For example: If your organization previously displayed the condition as True to indicate an active status for medications, change the condition value to Yes.
- Click MapActiveToStatus.
- On the Decision Table page, edit the table to meet
your needs. For more information, see Decision Table form - Completing the Table tab.
- Optional: To add post-processing tasks that you want to perform after the medication
update, follow these steps:
For example: You might want to update the conversation logs in a patient profile.
- Click SavePatientMedicationExt.
- On the Activity page, click the Add a step link.
- Complete the fields to create your post-processing task.For more information, see Activities.
- To apply the update, click Upgrade medication.
Result: Pega Care Management updates the medication structure and new fields in the following areas:
- Header of the patient profile
- Medications section of the Clinical tab for a patient in the CM Portal
- Member medications section of the Interaction portal
- Current Medications section in a Post-discharge follow-up assessment
- Discharge medications section of the discharge worksheet in an admission case