Before you proceed with the creating of your application, you must configure your operating structure. The operating structure is a tree that represents the business lines, countries, branches, and booking entities that participate in your application, as well as the work groups and work baskets that the application uses to manage and route the work.
At this point of the process, you do not need to define the whole structure upfront. You can set the focus in defining a base taxonomy and in creating a branch that has at least the first three levels of your taxonomy (for example, organization, business line, and country). You can refer later on to these three entities during the creation of your application. After the application is created, you can add the remaining entities that may have been left outside in this initial configuration.
Pega Client Lifecycle Management and KYC relies on the Operating Structure model that Pega Foundation for Financial Services provides to define how to route and organize the work within your organization.The model includes two main components:
- Let users define a template with the different levels (for example, business line, country, branch, booking entity) that your organization manages per business segment. A taxonomy is an abstract view of your organization, a set of rules that define the structure of the actual organization.
- Operating structure
- The actual realization of the taxonomy. The operating structure defines the operating model of your organization using the model and structure dictated by the taxonomy, and by referring to specific entities or your organization.
If you installed the Pega FS sample application, you can use it as a reference to the sample taxonomy UPlus Financial Services taxonomy.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click , and select the Taxonomy tab.
- In the View operational structure for field, select UPlus Financial Services and click Submit.
Creating a new operating structure
The operating structure is an asset that can be shared across different Financial Services applications. Check first if you have the operating structure for your organization already in the system. If you do not have any, you can create a new one by completing the following steps:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click New.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the bank. The ID field is automatically populated with a 6-character ID.
- In the Top level class field, enter the class name that you can use to maintain the enterprise class structure.
- Optional: Modify the Calendar and Currency fields.
- Click Submit.As the result of this process, the system creates a new organization entity Data-Admin-Organization that is ready to sustain a new operating structure.
Defining the taxonomy of the organization
- In the header of Dev Studio, click and select your organization.
- Click the Taxonomy tab.
- In the new taxonomy, click Specialize and select the type of business line to create.
- Click Add to assign a new operational level to the business line.
- Enter a name for the new level and select the level type.
- Click Save.
Configure your operating structure
Use the Organization chart tab to define the specific business lines, countries, branches, and booking entities that participate in your application.
Use the Add links to add new nodes to the tree. Depending on where you are in the tree, the attributes that you must provide are different. You always need to provide a name and an identifier. In elements of the second level (business lines), you also must provide the financial business segment for that node (that, in the case of specialized taxonomies, determines the taxonomy under that node), as well as a default calendar and currency.
The system initializes each of the new nodes with a set of departments and work queues. You can use them as they come or modify them as per your business needs.
After a node is created, you can edit it by clicking on the icon that appears at the right column of the list.