Disaster recovery for Pega Cloud GCP Early Access Program
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
This article is part of the Pega Cloud GCP Early Access Subscription Documentation.
Pegasystems is committed to the preventive safeguarding of the Pega Cloud network and the high availability of Pega Cloud client instances. This commitment includes working to prevent Severity 1 incidents that could have significant business impact for multiple Pega Cloud clients.
Pega Cloud Operations has a disaster recovery plan that is used by incident responders in the event of a multiple-client S1 incident (as defined in the plan), and which prepares the team to rapidly respond and efficiently recover service to affected Pega Cloud clients. The plan covers the following areas:
- Physical disasters. Pega Cloud client environments are hosted by Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Production environments, and the business applications and data deployed in them, are protected by multi-zone automatic failover and fully replicated database and application instances. Physical disaster impacts on Pega Cloud client environments are extremely unlikely.
- Global client support facilities replication. Pega Cloud client support facilities are also replicated and staffed in multiple locations, using a follow-the-sun model. During a declared Disaster situation in one location, Operations and Information Security engineers from other Pegasystems support sites will provide monitoring, system administration, and security awareness to Pega Cloud environments.
- Database replication. For client production environments, in addition to the primary database, a secondary database can be used for disaster recovery. The secondary database is a hot standby of the primary one and provides near-real-time failover capability for critical systems on the Pega Cloud platform. Following recovery of service, Pega Cloud Operations can perform restoration from backup, if needed.
- Plan information. Pega Cloud has disaster recovery plans that include roles, responsibilities, activation, response, recovery, reconstitution, and validation of Pega Cloud environments. Pega Cloud Information Security and Pega Cloud Service Operations regularly test these plans.
- Prepared response. Pega Cloud offers 24x7x365 situational awareness monitoring, and is prepared to activate disaster recovery plans with disaster recovery team response within moments of any disastrous incident. Response bridge calls would include disaster recovery responders and clients, as appropriate.
- Announcements portal for major events. In the event of a major incident that affects service to client environments, Pega Cloud Operations notifies affected clients (using the My Support Portal or email). Clients receive updates on restoration progress, and when normal service is restored.