Incident response and management for Pega Cloud for Government
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
This article is part of the Pega Cloud for Government Subscription Documentation.
Pegasystems provides response and works to resolve incidents that affect the Pega Cloud for Government (PCFG) network and client environments. Pegasystems is committed to client satisfaction by being proactive and working to continually improve the following areas:
- Preventive safeguards in PCFGenvironments
- Reduction of incident occurrences
- Incident response and resolution
Pega Cloud for Government incident response and management includes:
- A help desk that responds to client support request calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A web-based, mobile-enabled support request ticketing system that is used by clients and the PCFGsupport teams for managing, tracking, monitoring, and communicating incident status from submission through resolution.
- Security monitoring capabilities which are specifically designed to concentrate on security issues. Pegasystems' security and networking engineers proactively develop and implement industry-standard security practices for identity access management, data storage, and compliance to help verify the implementation of the agreed security controls for the clients' PCFG environments.
- Client support facilities replicated in Massachusetts and Virginia, staffed with US citizens (if this was added as part of the client’s subscription), which provides environment monitoring (network, database, cloud instances, etc.) and incident response resiliency, with managed shift handovers and on-call scheduling.
- Three tiers of technical and engineering staff to provide incident response, triage, root cause analysis, and to work toward resolution. Response procedures include the use of standard operating procedures that are maintained and kept current in a knowledge base, escalation to higher-expertise tiers and supporting teams, and bridge calls for collaboration.
- Incident severity, impact, and type classification for prioritization of tickets and assignment of appropriate personnel, with supervised monitoring of ticket status and progress.
- Contingency and disaster recovery plan activation and escalation, in the event of a major incident that involves multiple clients.
- Partner and vendor incident response support (for example, for Amazon Web Services) as needed for triage and resolution.
- Reporting and analysis of incident response performance metrics to work to achieve SLAs.