Pega Cloud provides a fully-managed Cloud Service platform running Pega Infinity and Pega’s Strategic Applications in an as-a-service model. Pega Cloud is managed by Pega, with global and regional support models for 24 x 7 operations, security, and monitoring to help support our clients’ enterprise applications. Clients forgo the complexities of operating and managing a Pega ecosystem in favor of letting Pega manage their Pega application(s) for them. Pega Cloud allows Pega clients to work to get started quickly (within days of contract signature) and work to realize the value of Pega solutions more rapidly. Pega also provides several additional services on the cloud, as detailed further in this subscription documentation.
Additional services available for use with Pega Cloud include:
Legacy Web Chat (formerly Pega Chat)
Legacy Web Chat provides a chat channel for Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to interact with customers. Clients can implement several self-service options in chatbots, including service cases, proactive chat, and Pega Knowledge articles. Customers can receive automated assistance and transfer to a live agent for CSR assistance.
Pega Co-Browse provides a live collaboration tool that allows customer service agents to be able to see what the customer is seeing. In Co-Browse, clients can mask sensitive customer data; agents have annotation tools to aid customers in completing their task.
Pega Workforce Intelligence
Pega Workforce Intelligence allows clients to determine where employees are losing time following inefficient processes when doing work. Clients deploy Pega’s workforce intelligence bots on the desktop. These AI-powered discovery bots work around the clock, collecting information so clients can get a view of the day in the life of their employees. Desktop information reveals application usage, processes performed, and more, helping managers to understand the obstacles and distractions that undermine productivity.
Pega Digital Messaging
The Digital Messaging service enables Pega Customer Service Digital Customer Engagement Edition clients to connect their cloud or on-premises Customer Service application to digital channels like Web Messaging (Chat), Facebook, Twitter, SMS and WhatsApp. Clients can implement one or more digital channels to support their customer engagement programs, and can configure the channels to provide automated assistance and transfer to a live agent.
Pega Voice AI
Pega Voice AI helps customers, employees and developers reduce complexity, engage more effectively, and drive positive outcomes. Voice AI uses natural language processing in tandem with Pega's intelligent automation capabilities to detect intent, surface relevant knowledge, and automate actionable work in real-time.
The Subscription Documentation for Pega Cloud includes the following:
- Deployment Regions describes the deployment regions available to our clients (one of which they select and is identified in client contract) and within which we geofence the client’s deployment during the term of their subscription
- Service Operations and Support describes the maintenance, monitoring, support, and security locations and services we offer
- Pega Global Client Support describes the client support services we offer
- Self Service describes self-service support capabilities available to Pega Cloud clients
- Service Connectivity describes the public and private connectivity options that are available to connect to Pega Cloud
- Integrations describes the integration services capabilities clients have to integrate Pega with other third-party or homegrown systems
- The Pega Cloud Service Level Agreement describes the Scheduled Availability for our Production Environments.
- Incident Management describes how Pega works to provide response and resolution for incidents that affect the Pega Cloud network and client environments.
- Change Management details how changes to Pega Cloud environments are planned, reviewed, tested, implemented, and validated to work to help protect all environments.
- Disaster Recovery describes the Pega Cloud Disaster Recovery plan.
- Data Backup and Restore describes how Pega Cloud Production provides various levels of backup and redundancy for client data, to work to help provide recovery of environments in the event of service disruption or failure.
- The Pega Cloud Security Responsibilities article outlines the various security controls (technical and organizational, physical and environmental, network and infrastructure, and others) which are provided by Pega for clients’ Pega Cloud environments.
- Client Security Responsibilities for Pega Cloud describes what security responsibilities are assumed by the client for a Pega Cloud environment. This document includes both privacy & security controls, and data rights and responsibilities.
- Layered Distributed Denial of Service protection in Pega Cloud explains how Pega Cloud provides effective counterstrategies to protect against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- Planning for end of Pega Cloud subscription term describes the clients' options as the end of the term of their subscription approaches.
The Subscription Documentation also includes:
- The Vulnerability Testing Policy for applications on Pega Cloud, which describes how Pega Cloud clients can conduct application security assessments, when such assessments are preauthorized and performed within the stated guidelines.
- The Pega Cloud Acceptable Use Policy, which describes the permitted and prohibited activities for clients in their Pega Cloud environments.
For additional Pega Cloud information which is not part of the Pega Cloud Subscription documentation, including Getting Started and How-Tos, see Pega Cloud.