In a Pega Collections application, the ProcessNegotiateOfferRequest SOAP service is used to:
- Return a set of payment plans or settlement offers that can be presented to the customer.
- Provide discounts on the overall debt, depending on your business logic.
This SOAP service uses the following service request parameters to run the logic in the ProcessNegotiateOfferRequest service activity:
- AccountNumber - the Collections account identifier
- CustomerID - the customer identifier
- AccountType - the numerical APPL used in Pega Foundation for Financial Services that represents the account type:
- 1 is deposit account
- 2 is investment account
- 3 is credit card account
- 9 is a loan account
- RequestType accepts the following values:
- Schedule Payment Plan
- Negotiate Offer
- Settlement Offer
- AmountOwed is the remaining balance on the account in Collections
The ProcessNegotiateOfferRequest activity invokes the SingleCustomerData data flow to load the customer data. Then, based on the RequestType parameter passed to the service call, the activity runs either the GetPaymentPlans data flow or the GetSettlementOffers data flow.
- If the RequestType is Schedule Payment Plan or Negotiate Offer, then GetPaymentPlans data flow is run.
- If the RequestType is Settlement Offer, then GetSettlementOffers data flow is run.
The data flows invoke the Fallback Strategy, which acts as a template. You can design your own strategies and replace the Fallback Strategy by saving and updating the GetPaymentPlans and GetSettlementOffers data flows into their implementation ruleset. Until these data flows are customized, the service returns a message to configure the strategy.
For an example of a payment plans strategy and a settlement offer strategy, you can reference the sample strategies provided in Pega Customer Decision Hub™ for Financial Services CRM Sample Application.