- Before starting an installation, and before
backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that
are used by your Pega Platform
whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must
generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema
To automatically update the application schema, your access group must have the SchemaImport privilege and the dynamic system setting database/AutoDBSchemaChanges must be set to true. Otherwise, you can create a DDL file to apply the schema changes manually.
- Install the latest version of Pega Platform 8.7, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Install Guide for your environment on the Install Pega Platform page.
- Determine which language packs are applicable to your product and check for
availability. For information, see Pega Marketplace.
and verify Pega Foundation for Healthcare 8.7. For additional information, see the Pega Foundation for Healthcare Installation Guide .
- Apply any hotfixes that are required to support the Pega Foundation for Healthcare
application. For more information, see Applying the latest on-premises patch.
- Install the Pega Customer Service 8.7 and Pega Sales Automation 8.7 base applications.
There is a single procedure to install both of those applications. Follow all of the instructions, including prerequisites, in the Pega CRM 8.7 Installation Guide .
- If the distribution media files for Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation include patch releases, import the patch release files before continuing with the installation.
- Required if you are installing Pega CRM for Healthcare 8.7 on DB2: Run the
following ALTER statements in your DB2 database. Replace <rule_schema> with your
corresponding schema name where Pega has been installed: During the jar import, the DB2 database treats some of the characters present in the rule Labels (column: pyLabel) of identified auto-generated paragraph rules as multi-byte characters. Due to this issue, the size of the label content exceeds the actual column size (64 bytes) in the following tables:
- ALTER TABLE <rule_schema>.PR4_RULE ALTER COLUMN PYLABEL SET DATA TYPE VARCHAR(255);
- ALTER TABLE <rule_schema>.PR4_RULE_VW ALTER COLUMN PYLABEL SET DATA TYPE VARCHAR(255);
- ALTER TABLE <rule_schema>.PR_INDEX_REFERENCE ALTER COLUMN PXREFERENCINGDESCRIPTION SET DATA TYPE VARCHAR (255);
Pega CRM for Healthcare Installation Guide