Completing the prerequisite tasks
This document describes how to install the Pega Customer Service for Healthcare and Pega Sales Automation for Healthcare applications. Pega Customer Relationship Management for Healthcare (CRM) provides a single installer for both applications, but each application is licensed separately. If you purchase licenses for both Pega Customer Service for Healthcare and Pega Sales Automation for Healthcare, you can enable both applications in one installation.
When completing the prerequisites, back up your system after key milestones to ensure that you can revert to the last working version of the system if you encounter an error. For instructions, see Backing up your system.
- Before starting an installation, and before
backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that
are used by your Pega Platform
whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must
generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema
To automatically update the application schema, your access group must have the SchemaImport privilege and the dynamic system setting database/AutoDBSchemaChanges must be set to true. Otherwise, you can create a DDL file to apply the schema changes manually.
- Install the latest version of Pega Platform 8.6, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Install Guide for your environment on the Deploy Pega Platform page.
- Determine which language packs are applicable to your product and check for
availability. For information, see Pega Marketplace.
and verify Pega Foundation for Healthcare 8.6. For additional information, see the Pega Foundation for Healthcare Installation Guide on the Pega Foundation for Healthcare product page.
- Apply any hotfixes that are required to support the Pega Foundation for Healthcare
application. For more information, see Applying hotfixes.
Pega Customer Service 8.6 and Pega Sales Automation 8.6.
There is a single procedure to install both of those applications. Follow all of the instructions, including prerequisites, in the installation guide on the Pega Customer Service product page or the Pega Sales Automation product page.
- If the distribution media files for Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation include patch releases, import the patch release files before continuing with the installation.
Previous topic Pega CRM for Healthcare 8.6 Installation Guide Next topic Backing up your system