To update your application, complete the procedures in this section.
Importing the application file
The system data and rulesets for Pega Customer Relationship Management for Insurance are loaded during this task.
- Log in to Pega Platform
https://<hostname>:<port>/prweb) by entering the administrator ID, for example, [email protected] and the password that you used during Pega Platform installation.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Select the
Rules\PegaCRMI.jarfile from your distribution media, and then follow the wizard instructions.
- Select the Enable advanced mode to provide granular control over the import process check box. When that check box is selected, the wizard displays all instances in the current environment that have a newer version of the RAP being imported. For each instance, you decide whether to override the instance or skip the import.
- For environments that use the Db2 database, on the Inserts tab, clear the check boxes for the persona categories shown in the following image to avoid receiving an exception error later in the process:
- For schema changes, depending on your site's requirements, select either
Automatic or Manual, and then continue
following the wizard instructions.
If you select Manual, see Viewing and applying schema changes.
- During the manual process, the wizard displays a Pre-existing rule conflict warning for rules that already exist in the system in a different ruleset. In the Pre-existing rule conflicts section, select the Replace check box for all of the rules that are listed to ensure that the rules are moved to the correct rulesets.
- To ensure that the following classes will work
correctly in Pega Customer Service for Insurance, always choose to replace them when the
Pre-existing rule conflicts page opens. These conflicts occur
because Pega Foundation for Insurance and Pega Customer Service use the CRM
data model, while Pega Customer Service for Insurance uses the foundation data model.
- PegaApp- (RULE-OBJ-CLASS PEGAPP-)
- PegaApp-Interface- (RULE-OBJ-CLASS PEGAPP-INTERFACE)
- PegaApp-Work- (RULE-OBJ-CLASS PEGAPP-WORK)
- For environments that use the Db2 database, a known issue in Pega Platform release 8.5 causes an error message to appear during the schema
Complete the following steps to import the schema data.
- Click the Total Errors link.
- Click Next.
- Click View/Download SQL DDL.
- Open the text document, and change the column size from 38 to 31 for the PXEFFORTACTUALDELTA and PXRESOLUTIONCOSTDELTA entries.
- Save the changes.
- Run the updated queries manually.
- When the import is complete, click Done.
- Apply the required hotfixes by using Hotfix Manager. For more information about applying hotfixes, see Applying the latest on-premises patch.
- Optional: Verify the application rules.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click .
- Confirm that the following application rule or rules are displayed in the
- For Pega Customer Service for Insurance: CustomerServiceForInsurance 8.
- For Pega Sales Automation for Insurance: SalesAutomationForInsurance.8.