- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- From the Base Application list, select your application, as implemented in Pega Customer Service.
- Select the rulesets that you want to check.All rulesets are selected by default.
- Click Run Utility.
- If there are no overrides to final rules, the Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker displays the Upgrade Health of your application as Good.
If there are overrides to final rules, the Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker displays the Upgrade Health of your application as Poor.
In this case, click Export to Excel to generate a spreadsheet that lists the issues to be fixed. This spreadsheet is useful so that you can compare it to later results, after you make corrections.
The following figure shows an example of the output from running the utility:
- Fix the rule overrides using the remediation information in the following topics. Click the rule name to open the rule form and modify the rule.
- For deprecated and withdrawn rules, remove the rule from your
Deprecated rules for the new release are located in a deprecated rules ruleset, PegaCS-Deprecated that is part of the built-on application for the new release. To use a deprecated rule until you have a replacement rule ready, add the deprecated ruleset to your application stack after the update. For information about how to modify the application stack, see RuleSet Stack tab.
- Before you update, run the Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker again to verify
If the upgrade health is still Poor, click Export to Excel to generate a spreadsheet that you can compare to previous results. Repeat these steps until the Upgrade Health displays a value of Good.
Note: Some fixes, such as selecting a rule from the deprecated ruleset for the new release, cannot be completed until after the update. In that case, run the Pega Customer Service Upgrade Checker after you update and make those additional changes.
Pega CRM Update Guide