Running the Pre-Upgrade Check
This content applies only to Pega Cloud environments
Assess whether your system is ready for an update to the latest version by adding the Pre-Upgrade Check component to your Pega Customer Decision Hub application, and then running a series of checks.
Pega Customer Decision Hub Update Guide
With the Pre-Upgrade Check component, you can identify the following types of problems that might cause errors or failure during an update:
- Missing hotfixes
- Locked artifact ruleset
- Excessive number of batch database tables
- Customized rules
- Retired applications
- Deprecated artifact types
- Next-Best-Action Designer issues
- In the header of the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click .
- On the Pre-upgrade check page, click
Result: The application displays the results grouped into categories, as shown in the following example:
- Review and resolve the reported issues.For more information, see Resolving pre-update issues and Resolving pre-update issues for Next-Best-Action Designer.
- Run the Pre-Upgrade Check component again by repeating steps 1 through 3.When the check returns no more issues, your application is ready for an update.
Previous topic Completing pre-upgrade tasks for Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub 7.4 and earlier running on Pega Cloud Next topic Resolving pre-update issues