Backing up your system
This content applies only to On-premises and Client-managed cloud environments
When updating an application, back up your system after each step to ensure that you can revert to the last working version of the system if you encounter an issue.
Pega Customer Decision Hub Update Guide
- Verify that all rules are checked in.
- Shut down the Pega Platform application server.
- Use your database utilities to complete an offline backup of the Pega database.
- Back up the configuration and environment files.If you edited any of the following Pega Platform configuration files in the
APP-INF\classesdirectory of an EAR deployment or the
WEB-INF\classesdirectory of a WAR deployment, include these files in the backup:
- logging file:
pegarules.keyringor any other
- Back up any third-party or custom JAR files that you installed.Redeploying the Pega Platform applications might delete these files from your application server.
Previous topic Removing deprecated pyCampaignOptimization settings Next topic Updating the application