When updating an application, back up your system after each step to ensure that you can revert to the last working version of the system if you encounter an issue.
- Verify that all rules are checked in.
- Shut down the Pega Platform application server.
- Use your database utilities to complete an offline backup of the Pega database.
- Back up the configuration and environment files.If you edited any of the following Pega Platform configuration files in the
APP-INF\classesdirectory of an EAR deployment or the
WEB-INF\classesdirectory of a WAR deployment, include these files in the backup:
- logging file:
pegarules.keyringor any other
- Back up any third-party or custom JAR files that you installed.Redeploying the Pega Platform applications might delete these files from your application server.