Adding business issues and groups
Implement the structure of business issues and groups in your organization.
- Business issues
- Business issues represent the aspects of your business on which you want to engage customers. A business issue is the purpose behind the actions you offer to your customers. For example, actions which started with the purpose of retaining existing customers should be grouped under the business issue of Retention. Actions started with the purpose of acquiring new customers belong to the business issue of Acquisition.
- Business groups
- Business groups organize customer actions into categories. For example, as part of the business issue of Acquisition, you can create groups for products like Credit Cards, Mortgages, or Personal Loans, with the intention of offering these to potential new customers.
- Together, business issues and groups form the organizing structure for your customer interactions. Each action you prepare for your customers is associated with a business issue and a group.
- Log in to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal as a user whose user group has the
CanManageNBA privilege.By default, this privilege is granted to managers and administrators through the PegaNBAM_FW:MarketingManager role.
- Click .
- Click Edit.
- Add an issue by clicking Configure.
- In the Configure Business Issues window, click an existing issue to enable it to use next best action or click + Create to add a new issue, for example, Retention.
- Click Apply.
Result: The issue is added to the business structure.
- Optional: If you want the business structure to display the issue description in the Description column, click the .
- In the pop-up window, fill out the Short description field.
- Click the .
- In the Configure Business Groups window, click an existing group to enable it to use next best action or click + Create to add a new issue, for example, Credit Cards.
- Save your changes by clicking Apply.
Result: The group is added to the business structure.
- Optional: If you want the business structure to display the group description in the Description column, click the by the name of the group.
- In the pop-up window, fill out the Short description field, and then click Submit.
- Save the next-best-action business structure by clicking Save.
Previous topic Getting started with Next-Best-Action Next topic Defining an alias for a group of actions