Strategy builder templates help to overcome the challenges that come with manual configuration of strategies. The method is generic and supports extension and reusability.
Strategies come with a pre-defined structure that you can update or re-create depending on the use case. This is reflected in the implementation layer because the strategies come with limited extensibility. To reuse the strategies that are created in the base application, you must save them in the implementation layer. Use strategy builder templates in acquisition and negotiation scenarios to simplify this process.
Create strategies based on templates by completing the following steps:
- Log on to the Pega Customer Decision Hub portal.
- On the Navigation panel, click Intelligence > Strategies.
- In the upper-right corner, click Create > Guide me through it.
- In the Create a Strategy form, fill the Strategy name and the Description fields.
- In the Objective box, click Configure. The objective describes the goal that the strategy is meant to achieve when you run it.
- In the Configure Objective window, add a template that meets your objective and then click Apply. The template that you select determines the sections in the Create a Strategy form that you must then complete. For example, if you select a templates that calculates the Customer Lifetime Value, a section where you can configure the method for that calculation appears.
- When you complete all sections, click Save.
- To see the new strategy, click Actions > Open canvas.
The following example is a strategy for churn calculation that you can generate by using the strategy builder:
Starting in version 8.5, Pega Customer Decision Hub is Pega's main solution for one-to-one customer engagement, combining the features available in previous versions of Pega Marketing™ and Pega Customer Decision Hub with many new features. Pega Marketing is no longer available as a separate product.