A Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation for communications imports product offers from Pega Foundation™ for Communications. Product offers derive their structure from product specifications and they are mapped to product catalogs. The price entities that are included in a product offer specify its pricing details.
The offers must match the following criteria to be imported into Pega Customer Decision Hub:
- The offer type must be Plan, Equipment, or Add-on.
- For equipment offers, the product specification type must be Resource.
A REST service sends data that is available in a specific product catalog to Pega Customer Decision Hub. The data includes the following items:
- A list of plans.
- Details of each plan.
- A list of add-ons and pieces of equipment that are associated with each plan.
- List of child offers and all details associated with them.
To ensure that an equipment structure is successfully imported into Pega Customer Decision Hub or into Next-Best-Action Advisor, ensure that the structure matches the following criteria:
- Each offer has its equipment defined.
- Every piece of equipment has an offer and the offer is mapped to a respective equipment specification.
- The offer that is related to the structure has a composite specification for the equipment.
- The child specifications for equipment offer have pricing entity and cardinality associated.
This structure allows you to reuse the equipment in different offers. Additionally, you can easily manage pieces of equipment that are defined as separate offers and mapped to specific options in the user interface.
Importing offers from the Catalog does not create actions. For more information, see Creating actions for Bundle Negotiator in Next-Best-Action Advisor.
Starting in version 8.5, Pega Customer Decision Hub is Pega's main solution for one-to-one customer engagement, combining the features available in previous versions of Pega Marketing™ and Pega Customer Decision Hub with many new features. Pega Marketing is no longer available as a separate product.