You extend an accounts class by creating and configuring a custom accounts class that inherits from the PegaMarketingFS-Data-Customer-Accounts base class.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Class tab, from the list of results, click PegaMarketingFS-Data-Customer-Accounts.
- On the Marketing account data tab, click Save as.
- In the Class Record Configuration section, in the Class
Name field, enter the name for the new accounts class:
Customer-Class-AccountsCustomer-Class is the name of your custom customer class.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Keys section, ensure that only the correct key is listed.
- In the Class inheritance section:
- Ensure that the Find by name first (Pattern) check box is selected.
- In the Parent class (Directed) field, enter the base accounts class: PegaMarketingFS-Data-Customer-Accounts
- To either point to the base accounts table (pmfs_acct) or to use
the custom table created for accounts, update the database rule for the class.See Database tables.
- Click Save.
- To validate that the class is pointing to the correct table, in the Test connection section of the accounts class, click Test connection.
- On the External Mapping tab of the class rule, specify the
properties that are available on the accounts record and their backing columns in the
accounts table. Ensure that these mappings meet the following requirements:
- The column name does not exceed 27 characters
- The property name starts with a period
- The table does not contain empty rows
- Click Save.