Most Pega Customer Decision Hub rules are not executable. This is because they are metadata rules and have no generated run-time behavior. The metadata that these rules carry with them is used to do work on a user's behalf.
Implementation layer rules reside in one of the two implementation layer rulesets: Rules and Artifacts. To configure your marketing assets, you must create instances of any of the rule types listed below within the relevant Business Issue/Group context.
For more information on configuring marketing assets, see the Pega Customer Decision Hub User Guide on the Pega Customer Decision Hub product page.
Rule types in the Artifacts ruleset
The first set of rule types reside in the Artifacts ruleset and can change based on the needs of your team. These rules can be divided into two groups, depending on where they are automatically published.
You can find these rules in the Application Explorer. For more information, see Finding rules by class.
- Rule types that are automatically published to an internal Pega Customer Decision Hub class
- Offer: Rule-Obj-Flow-Offer
- Email: Rule-Obj-Treatment-Outbound
- SMS: Rule-Obj-Corr-SMS
- Passbook: Rule-PegaMKT-Passbook
- Volume Constraint: Rule-Obj-VolConstraintGrp
- Real-Time Event: Rule-PegaMKT-Event
- Real-Time Container: Rule-PegaMKT-Container
- Output Template: Rule-Obj-Template
- Geofence: Rule-PegaMKT-Geofence
- Rule types that are automatically published to your configured customer class:
- Segment: Rule-Obj-Report-Definition-Segment
- Strategy: Rule-Decision-Strategy
- Analysis Project: Rule-Obj-Analysis
- Sample Population: Rule-Obj-Report-Definition-Segment-Sample
- Contact Policy: Rule-PegaMKT-ContactPolicy
Revision management enables you to revision, package, and import marketing artifacts. They can make controlled changes in the business sandbox and test these in production within the boundaries defined by IT. The users can see their assigned change requests in the My Work and Revision Management widgets.
For more information, see Revision management.
Rule types in the Rules ruleset
The second set of rules are saved to a Rules ruleset in your configured customer class and are typically not changed after the implementation is complete.
You can find these rules by following the hierarchy and rules under the newly-created customer class in the Application Explorer.
- Customer: Rule-Obj-Property
- Segment: Rule-Obj-Association